Last updated: November 30, 2021
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Personal Information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
Separate and Independent Controller means each party is a distinct Controller with regard to Personal Data and determines its independent legal basis for the processing of Personal Data received.
Information Collected and Method of Collection
Information (including Personal Data and Personal Information) collected is relevant for the purpose for which it is to be used and, to the extent necessary, Cinchdollars takes reasonable steps to ensure that data is reliable for intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
- Device Information/Specifications. Technical information about your computer or device (e.g., type of device, web browser or operating system, IP address, etc.).
- Geographic Location. We use your IP address to derive your computer or device's approximate geographic location.
- Time, Length and Extent of Usage. When you use the Services, how long you use a Service for (e.g., how long it takes you to answer a survey question) and which Services feature(s) and/or function(s) you use.
- Mobile Device ID: We collect mobile device identifiers, such as Apple’s Identifier for Advertising ID (IDFA) or Google’s Android Advertising ID (AAID), to help us identify you within a mobile application and match you with appropriate survey opportunities.
- Web Beacons: We may use web beacons in email communications in order to understand the behavior of our users. “Web beacons” (also known as “clear gifs” and “pixel tags”) are small transparent graphic images that are often used in conjunction with cookies in order to further personalize the Services for our users and to collect a limited set of information about our users.
Personally Identifiable Information and Personal Data you provide to us:We collect information that you submit to us voluntarily through the Services.
Profile and Respondent Screening Data
If you choose to register for an account, we collect the following information from you:
- Email address
- Username and password
- Other Demographic Data
Before you fill out a survey, we ask that you also create a user profile to help us match you with a survey. When you fill out a user profile, we collect additional information from you, including demographic information such as postal code, gender, marital status, education, ethnicity/race (where permitted by applicable law), employment related information, and non-personally identifiable information on household members, household income, age, etc.
When you consent to our collection of your Personal Data, we act as a Controller of that data whether collected on our Websites and Platform, through our Services, or received from our customers. Customers may receive Personal Data collected pursuant to your participation in surveys either on or off of our Websites or Platform and as such, our customer is a Separate and Independent Controller of that data.
We contractually limit the usage and sale of Profile and Technical Data by our third-party partners or customers involved in the survey experience. You would need to directly consent for any further resale by those third-parties.
Occasionally, we host surveys for our survey partners and collect the information submitted through these surveys. We do not own this information and any information you choose to provide is used in accordance with the survey partner’s privacy practices and direction to us. In this scenario, Cinchdollars acts a Processor.
If you provide us with comments, suggestions, recommendations or other feedback pertaining to our Services (collectively “Feedback’), you understand that we may (although we have no obligation to do so) retain, disclose, use, or otherwise commercially exploit that Feedback in connection with any or all of our Services without any compensation or consideration to you.
We may collect certain information from our developer partners at the time of registration and in connection with your use of the Services, including your name, email address, company name, app title(s), as well as financial information such as Tax ID, VAT or sales tax registration number or any other relevant tax number and payment information (e.g., bank account and routing number for ACH purposes).
How We Use Your Information
- To process, analyze, and develop survey data for use with the Services and our third party customers;
- To improve upon the surveys and delivery of our surveys through the Services;
- To prevent fraud and other illegal activities;
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities;
- To communicate with you about the Services; and
- To provide, maintain, and improve the Services and our overall business.
Where required by law, we obtain your prior opt-in consent at the time of collection for the processing of (i) personal data we collect as a Controller pursuant to The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 (ii) personal information for marketing purposes and (iii) personal information deemed sensitive pursuant to applicable law.
You can opt-out and instruct us not to send you marketing communications by e-mail by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under the Privacy Shield provisions, it is your right to access, correct, or delete your personal data. If you wish to do so, please contact email@example.com.
You may also withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information by contacting us at www.cinchdollars.com/support or by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain products, Services, surveys or promotions we may offer.
Sharing Your Information
We will not otherwise sell, license or share your personal information to/with any other party(s) for commercial purposes, except as described below:
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services for the purpose of maintaining system quality and reliability.
- We may share User Profile Information and Response Metadata (collectively, the “Response Data”) and related information with survey creators and researchers, and with app developers (i.e., our customers) in order to improve the quality of the service. We may also share Response Data with unaffiliated third parties for their own internal purposes, including marketing purposes. If you wish to opt-out of having your information shared with these Third Parties, please contact email@example.com.
- We may share Survey Information with survey creators and researchers for the purpose of streamlining user experience and shortening surveys.
- We may share User Profile Information with third party sample/market research companies (each a “Third Party MR Company”) for the purpose of (i) identifying survey opportunities that you may be eligible for through the Third Party MR Companies, and (ii) audience measurement projects or activities in connection with any online ad effectiveness program(s) operated or conducted by or on behalf of the Third Party MR Companies. In connection with online ad effectiveness programs, cookies or related technologies are used to identify advertisements that an individual has seen or interacted with for the purpose of ad survey recall work and audience measurement reporting/research. The Third Party MR Companies may share your social-demographic information with their clients or vendors in connection with the purposes set forth above. We will not share your name, email address, or phone number with the Third Party MR Companies. If you have any questions about this data sharing or wish to opt-out of having your information shared with Third Party MR Companies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary: (i) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence, (ii) to comply with legal process, (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions, (v) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates, (vi) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others, and (vii) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose information that does not identify or otherwise relate to an individual for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. Please see our subprocessor webpage to view a current list of subprocessors and subscribe to be updated when there are changes to the list.
In using our services, you are authorizing us to store copies of your qualifying answers (so you do not have to enter and re-enter the same information over and over again upon returning to our site) and are directing us to to share the personal information you enter with our market research customers whose surveys you qualify to take.
Children and Minors
All Users: The Services are not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect or solicit Response Data or personal information from persons under the age of 13. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to us or on our Website.
For EU users: The Services are not intended for children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect or solicit Response Data or personal information from persons under the age of 16 from the EU.
If you are a parent or legal guardian who discovers that your child has provided us with any of the foregoing, you may contact us at email@example.com, and we will promptly delete such information from our files. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 or 16 (in the EU), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We attempt to safeguard and protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, through maintenance and use of reasonable security measures. However, please bear in mind and be aware that unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and the inherent insecure nature of the Internet, among other factors, may potentially compromise the security of your information at any given time. As such, we cannot make any guarantees as to the security of your information.
Location of Data
- The Company may provide the Service to Users located in Europe.
- In its interaction with European Users of the Service, the Company is a data controller such that we are the organization which decides the purposes for which and the ways in which any personal data that we have collected is used.
- You agree that we are entitled to obtain, use and process the information you provide to us to enable us to discharge the services.
- Our lawful reason for processing your personal information will be "legitimate interests". Under "legitimate interests" we can process your personal information if we have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests.
- We will process your persona data in a lawful, fair and transparent manner on only for the legitimate purpose of being able to provide the service.
- We will only request, process and maintain personal information to the extent necessary to be able to provide the Service.
- We will keep in such form that, and only for the duration that, permits identification of data subjects for no longer than necessary.
- You may withdraw consent at any time and request that your personal information be erased.
- You may request a copy of all personal information maintained about you and request that it be rectified in the event any information is incorrect.
- The Company maintains all records in their entirety until and unless the User requests account deletion, at which time we will delete all personal information without undue delay. If you request that we erase your personal information, we will also be required to delete your account and you will not be eligible to use the service unless you open another account.
With regard to the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR), we must disclose what personal data we collect and process about you, and for what purposes. In this Privacy Notice, you find all such information that we are obliged to inform you.http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=uriserv:OJ.L_.2016.119.01.0001.01.ENG&toc=OJ:L:2016:119:TOCThe Regulation in its entirety in your language, may be accessed by following this link: Would you like to defend your rights, which are listed in this Privacy Notice, you may contact us using the contact information listed above.
EU-US Privacy Shield
To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our registration, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/. To see a list of organizations participating in the Privacy Shield program, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
The California Code of Regulations defines a "resident" as:
- every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and
- every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose
All other individuals are defined as non-residents. If this definition of "resident" applies to you, we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information. To the extent those rights apply to you, they are described below. The Company also handles certain personal information on behalf of third-parties and/or partners of the Company. You should contact these third-parties and/or partners to exercise any rights you may have with respect to that personal information.
Pursuant to the California Consumer Protection Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), and subject to certain exceptions and limitations, residents of California are able to contact the Company to exercise the rights described below with respect to certain personal information that the Company holds about them.
You are entitled to receive the following:
- Whether we collect and use your personal information
- The business purpose for collecting personal information
- The categories of your personal information that the Company has collected in the preceding 12 months
- The categories of sources from which that information was collected
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose
- The specific pieces of personal information the Company has collected about you.
You also hold the entitlement to request the deletion of your personal information, just like any other user of the Site. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another user of his or her right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities. Furthermore, residents of California are also subject to the following other privacy rights:
- We will not discriminate against if you exercise your privacy rights
- You may object to the processing of your personal data
- You may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the data
- You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf.
- If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request to exercise any of these rights, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided in Section (11).
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
California consumers have the following additional rights:
- The right to request disclosure of your personal information, and to receive additional details regarding the personal information a business collects and its use purposes, including any third parties with which we share information;
- The right to receive any personal information we hold in a readily useable format to enable you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance; and
- The right to the deletion of personal information we have collected, subject to certain exceptions. We must also instruct our service providers to delete your personal information.
Third Party Links, Websites, and Services
Changes and Updates
Requests and Contact Information
Attn: Data Privacy & Information Protection Officer
BB Bhawan, Anisabad, Patna 801505, India
For EU citizens, please use our Respondent support dashboard or email requests to email@example.com
Cinchdollars has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles to the INSIGHTS ASSOCIATION PRIVACY SHIELD PROGRAM, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Insights Association. Cinchdollars acknowledges that, under certain circumstances, you may be able to invoke binding arbitration. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit http://www.insightsassociation.org/get-support/privacy-shield-program/privacy-shield-eu-swiss-citizens-file-complaint for more information and to file a complaint.